Setting Up Google Analytics
For a lot of people, the Google Analytics website is very confusing. But it's so important to start using analytics to manage and improve your web presence. Today, we want to share a simple, step-by-step instruction on how to set up your Google Analytics account. Just get this one thing under your belt! After that, you can learn one more.
1. First, click here to go to Google Analytics.
2. If you already have a Google account, just make sure you're signed in (or sign in now). If you don't have a Google account, you need to set one up. Remember — if you have a Gmail account, that's a Google account!
3. At the top right, where it says SIGN IN, you can click and it will show you a drop-down menu. Choose the option ANALYTICS.
4. Click SIGN UP.
5. Fill in all the blanks (Account Name, Website Name, Website URL (address), an Industry Category, and Reporting Time Zone.
6. Where it says DATA SHARING OPTIONS, check the boxes next to the options that you want.
7. Click GET TRACKING ID.
8. Accept the Terms of Service Agreement.
That's it! You've set up your Google Analytics! Good job.